oliver TWIST

The living condtions for Oliver Twist are bad no nice clothes or good food. No, I would not like to live in those times for the were hard and a lot of work. My life compared to Olivers is almost the same.

Monday, May 10, 2010

The bobbin Girl










Hi I'm Rebbeca Putney and I am only ten years old. I live in Lowell, the City of Spindles. I work at a wool mill. I make a dollar a week for taking off full bobbins and replacing them with empty ones. One day I went up to the weaving room to see Judith and Ruth started coughing and coughing, the doctor said it was a new lung disease from the cotton lint floating in the air. Anyway about my Mother the greatest and strongest person I know and my dad, well he died I can't remember how he died, but he was a good man for all I know. Working as a Bobbin girl is hard, why, because I wake up at 4:30 a.m and everyone had to be there at 5:30 a.m. and the rules are really strict any girl who is late was dismissed. By midmoring I would sneak out to the courtyard and read a book that Judith gave me. The day finally ended after thirteen and a half hours, at 7:00 p.m. Ruth had another coughing fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment