oliver TWIST

The living condtions for Oliver Twist are bad no nice clothes or good food. No, I would not like to live in those times for the were hard and a lot of work. My life compared to Olivers is almost the same.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Bobbin Girl 2



The feeling around me was cheerful, a group of girls went off to a lecture spoke by Mr.Emerson and I was studying geography just like if I were a student at some fancy school. We all had to be home a ten o'clock, my mother was quite in a tizzy for thou Judith twas not home yet. Judith stayed late to talk to Mr.Emerson about self-reliance! That sounds like Judith, completely self-reliant.I vowed to myself I will be completely SELF-RELIANT !!!!!!!



The next day I was walking by the weaving room and 3 men including Mr.Capshaw were carrying out Ruth. She had turned to cough and a loom shot out and knocked her out. You think they would tell us, warn us or even stop the machines, but no they don't, which makes me feel so mad and unsafe at the same time. The end of the day my mother told me to walk to the doctor to give Ruth some soup, so I did. On the way there I was thinking what a nice day out it was. Once I got there, the doctor's wife said she wasn't able to eat it, I was going to say, well you are not going to, it is for Ruth. Anyway I looked at Ruth and she looked pale.Then she said "you don't even know" . She told me that Mr.Capshaw said to Ruth "you may not return to this or any other mill. She is called 'careless', every one was in shock for the accident was because of the machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment